World Geography Webquest:
E. The line graph above shows the difference between the demand for energy globally and the availability of what?
1.. The average precipitation (rainfall) in mm in August in Peru is ____.
The average temperature in Celsius in November is ____.
A) Write the following questions down on a piece of paper- skip lines for the answer and then answer them using the website below:
1. What are maps?
2. How long have we made maps?
3. What are the five basic elements of a map?
4. What is the science of map-making called?
5. What are the two technologies we have now that help with maps?
6. What are four types of information shown with maps? Name and explain.
7. What are the two main types of maps?
Go to http://www.mywonderfulworld.org/toolsforadventure/usingmaps/index.html to read and find the answers to these questions.
B) Visit the following political map of Africa and answer the questions below. The country names will be bolded and in capital letters. The capitals will be underlined with a red dot.
1. What is the country located north of Sudan?
2. What is the capital of Namibia?
3. What island is located off the Southeast coast of Africa?
C) Use the map at the following link to answer the questions below:
1. Name three rivers that run through Tennessee
2. What county is Tims Ford Lake in?
3. What was the 2008 population of Shelby County?
D) Use the map at the following link to answer the questions below:
1. What do the colors blue and red mean?
2. What does this map show?
3. In 1992, who did Tennesseeans vote as their President?
WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED ALL PARTS OF THIS WEBQUEST, CLICK HERE TO TAKE A QUICK ONLINE QUIZ TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT BASIC WORLD GEOGRAPHY!